The active substance is fenspiride hydrochloride. 1 ml of syrup contains 2 mg of fenspiride hydrochloride.
The other ingredients are
methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, potassium sorbate, glycerol, sucrose, sodium saccharin, licorice (dry aqueous extract of the roots), or orange flavoring liquid 02 278, dilute hydrochloric acid, purified water.
One teaspoon (5 ml) contains 10 mg of fenspiride hydrochloride and 3 g of sucrose (which is 0,25jednostekchlebowych).
Tablespoon (15 ml) contains 30 mg of fenspiride hydrochloride and 9 g of sucrose (which is 0.75 units of bread).
Elofen medicine contains sucrose. - 5 ml of syrup contains 3 g of sucrose, and 15 ml of syrup contains 9 g of sucrose. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes.
The preparation flavored for the symptomatic treatment of inflammatory diseases of the bronchi and lungs - cough and sputum. In the case of the need for antibiotics, do not delay the start of their treatment.
The preparation of anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator. Fenspiride contained therein is an antagonist at histamine H1 and produces a spasmolytic effect type papawerynowego. Fenspiride anti-inflammatory properties are based on reducing the production of mediators of inflammation.
- Hypersensitivity to ingredients
- do not use in children under 2 years old
- not recommended for use in pregnant and breast-feeding
- a drug contains sucrose - should not be used in patients with rare hereditary problems of fructose intolerance, malabsorption of glucose -galaktozy or sucrase-isomaltase; Moreover, the sucrose content (2.5 g / 5 ml) should be taken into account in patients with diabetes
Oral. The product contains glycerol, which can cause headache, stomach upset and diarrhea.
Children over 2 years of age: 4 mg / kg body weight per day:
- children weighing less than 10 kg: 10-20 ml of syrup per day
- children weighing more than 10 kg 30-60 ml of the syrup daily.
Adults 45-90 ml per day.